Re: Encryption control of SNDU

Tarif.Zein-Alabedeen@space.alcatel.fr wrote:

Hi every body

The current ULE draft does not address the issue of SNDU encryption which
we think is important.
In fact, a requirement has been identified in IP/MPE/MPEG to allow, when
necessary, data encryption at MPE level. Some IP/MPE/MPEG products already
implement this capability (e.g. Alcatel 9780)
Encryption is controlled using the 'payload scrambling control' field (2
bits) in the MPE header.

I fail to see why we would need an L2 encryption to carry IP/IPv6
traffic, when IPsec/IKE is already defined including encryption,
authentication, key distribution and all that kind of stuff.
Would it not be re-inventing the (rather complex) wheel ?

Regards.
Alain.
--
Alain RITOUX