RE: ULE and FEC

Hello,

since I am on holidays :-) I take the chance to be more active in this
discussion group.

Well, FEC is a very good point, and the need for it in DVB-T is certainly
existing. My question, apart from whether or not to add a FEC type, at
this point is, what error patterns are being considered. We also have a
DVB-T set-up running in our lab and the probability that packets (SNDUs)
can be corrected with FEC and interleaving alone is from my experiences
rather low, given that outages (link losses during station movements)
are typically affecting quite many TS cells corresponding to many SNDUs
and, hence, retransmissions are needed to maintain reliability.

Best regards,
Bernhard