Solution for IPv6

Gorry Fairhurst wrote:

> <<snip>>
>

> > If we take in consideration, that most of IP packet are 1500 or 576, and
> > 40 or 48, and with a simple calcul, we see that the overhead don't
> > affect.
> > One thing more, i'll present another schema of encapsulation, into
> > reduce the treatment on board the satellite.
> >

> NOT a good starting point. We should also be addressing IPv6, and not constrain
> the discussion to individual types of application. Some new applications have
> very different packet length distributions.

In my opinion, to propose a good and the best solution, we must wait for
the satistics of the deployment of IPv6.
The proposed encapsulation don't depend totaly on the lenght of the IP
packets. I agree that if we change the lenght, we'll have other values,
but it don't mean that it's a problem for us.

> The charter has also suggested we should consider compressed packet headers
> which may significantly change things for the smaller packet sizes.

> > Aniba.

Aniba.

--
Ghassane ANIBA
INRIA (Projet PLANETE)             | Email :