Re: (4 bits from PID * 24 bits from @link_sat_adress) == 28 bits.

<<snip>>

> If we take in consideration, that most of IP packet are 1500 or 576, and
> 40 or 48, and with a simple calcul, we see that the overhead don't
> affect.
> One thing more, i'll present another schema of encapsulation, into
> reduce the treatment on board the satellite.

NOT a good starting point. We should also be addressing IPv6, and not constrain
the discussion to individual types of application. Some new applications have
very different packet length distributions.

The charter has also suggested we should consider compressed packet headers
which may significantly change things for the smaller packet sizes.