Re: Self routing

Marie-Jose Montpetit wrote <forwarded by admin for ip-dvb>:

I would be worried to propose a scheme based on user traffic statistics of
today. Yes there are huge numbers of IPv4 ACK packets out there and yes a
ton of http: traffic too. This is April 2002. Deploy IPv6 in a grand scale
and the 40 bytes traffic will go down significantly. Non TCP or http: based
protocols will have other sizes, will they dominate? Don't know...

If we want to change MPE then the solution should be robust enough to
support the changes the other IETF groups will propose... BTW I would
recommend the group works on a draft on the requirements (look at what NSIS
did). It would foster a better discussion about what we are trying to
achieve here.

Marie-Jose