Re: ULE-01 : last byte(s) precision

alain.ritoux@6wind.com wrote:

Mahesh Sooriyabandara wrote:

... snip ...

I also think it may not be worth to add extra complexity to receiver code for

(1 or 2)/184 gain.

But what exactly is the real penalty if we choose to allow splitting of
length
field and/or end indicator?

- more complexity in the code of the receiver, because it has to
keep a sort of new state for an SNDU which is currently being
in the reass process and whose length is still not known.

The current spec says the sender *MAY* choose to do this, either based on policy, or some otehr rules. So if the sender wishes to never fragment the length, this is allowed, that's currently a design choice for the encapsulation gateway.

So the issue you speak of is a receiver simplification. I worry about the breadth of implementation experience here. Is this important enougth to add a mandatory rule to require the sender to do this? - I'd like to understand more.

- in case of end of packing, the end-indicator needs an extra
TS-cell to be transmitted.

Not so, the current spec says the receiver MUST discard any TS-Packet Payload with only one byte remaining, when looking for a new start of SNDU.

well, that's not overkilling, but I don't think the 1 byte gain (in only some cases) is really worth the effort.

Alain.

Gorry