Re: ULE-01 : last byte(s) precision

Mahesh Sooriyabandara wrote:

... snip ...

I also think it may not be worth to add extra complexity to receiver code for

(1 or 2)/184 gain.

But what exactly is the real penalty if we choose to allow splitting of
length
field and/or end indicator?

- more complexity in the code of the receiver, because it has to
keep a sort of new state for an SNDU which is currently being
in the reass process and whose length is still not known.

- in case of end of packing, the end-indicator needs an extra
TS-cell to be transmitted.

well, that's not overkilling, but I don't think the 1 byte gain (in only some cases) is really worth the effort.

Alain.
--
Alain RITOUX
Tel +33-1-39-30-92-32