Re: ULE-01 : last byte(s) precision

Alain,

It's a good question!
Clearly we need more text:

There are three concerns on the use of unused bytes in a TS-packet.

(i) No PP (i.e. when PUSI =0) and 1 B remaining (this is fixed in ULE
-01, i.e. by skipping is there is <2B remaining).
If PP is not set, the remaining one byte can not be used for packing in
any case.
But if PP is set and use of remaining 1 byte for packing depends on
whether splitting of "end indicator" (case ii) and/or " length field"
(case iii)
is allowed.

(ii) No split "end indicator" if we skip when {0,1} bytes remaining (as
in ULE -01, i.e. by skipping is there is <2B remaining).

(iii) No split Length field if {0,1,2} bytes when PUSI set and {0,1,2,3)

bytes when PUSI was not originally set. That would mean skipping if
there is <4B remaining!

A discussion on each of the three cases should help resolve the
ambiguity in
the current text.

Adding another example is a good idea anyway - we first need to decide
if
this is OPTIONAL or REQUIRED behaviour.

 -Mahesh