RE: Differences between INT and MMT tables for address resolution?

Hi Harald et al.

Though I'm not exactly up-to-date on this, Astra TRP 1053 seems to carry INT for unicast (19.2 DegEast, 10.77325 GHz, Horizontal, 22MS/s, 5/6) (a colleage told me)

With reference to Frank's earlier question: INT is now specified and officially (ETSI) standardised in ETSI EN 301 192 V1.3.1 (2003-05). No other reference should be used, unless the standard is updated, which can be "polled" from the www.etsi.org site using the "data broadcasting" string in the keyword search for "get a standard / free download".

Given that the specification only became an official ETSI standard in May, it would suprise me if there are already many implemenations to choose from, since ETSI works more towards concensus, standard, implementation, rather than the IETF, implement, concensus, standard. (I am certain there are several proprietry implementations based on one of the proposals before INT was designed by concesus, which should migrate to INT over time).

Does anyone have an MMT reference (to standard or standards contribution)? Since it is DVB-RCS specific, I had a look at the DVB-RC* ones listed at www.dvb.org (based on the "mmt" and "multicast" strings):
* DVB-RCC (return channel for cable): ES 200 800; TR101 196 says use EN 301 192 for MAC/IP mapping
* DVB-RCL (return channel for LMDS): EN 301 199; TR 101 205 says use EN 301 192 for MAC/IP mapping
* DVB-RCT (return channel for terrestrial) : EN 301 958 says use EN 301 192 for MAC/IP mapping
* DVB-RCG (GSM): EN 301 195 says nothing
* DVB-RCP (PSTN/ISDN): ETS 300 801 says nothing
* DVB:RCCS (SMATV + measurement guidelines): TR 101 201; TR 101 290 say nothing

DVB-RCS: Digital Video Broadcasting (DVB); Interaction channel for satellite distribution systems) documents say this:
* ETSI TR 101 790 V1.2.1 (2003-01) - guidelines - says a fair amount about multicast including: Multicast PID Mapping Table (identified by the Elementary Loop with the stream type = 0x05 and table id = 0xA7 in the RCS content descriptor) parsed from PMT using IP/DVB Service linkage from RCS/Map Table. However, this Multicast PID Mapping table is neither referenced nor specified.
* ETSI EN 301 790 V1.3.1 (2003-03) - standard/specification - says nothing

(nothing = nothing in respect to mmt & multicast :)

Thus I can conclude that MMT = Multicast PID Mapping Table and was mentioned as recently at January 2003, but not is in the DVB-RCS standard, only in the guidelines. Does anyone have a reference to the specification?

Cheers, Rod.