RE: MPE Question

Hi Siva and Bernhard,
DSM-CC which is a potential MPE of our present day DOES NOT support section
packing for normal IP data transmissions. In DSM-CC we have section length
of 12 bits, which can hold maximum of 4096 Bytes of payload data (IP in our
discussion). In Normal scenario we don't even use this big, since section
packing is not supported practically (theoretically YES), we use DVB router
one interface as Ethernet and other as DVB, on Ethernet wire we get only
1500 bytes the max, though there is a room for section
packing(theoretically) real time packet routing don't wait for another IP
packet, just push each and every ip packet received with MPE (DSM-CC) and to
MPEG2-TS (supports section packing, based on the timer - reason MPEG2-TS
MUST be 188 bytes, instead of wasting bytes with stuffing we have section
packing).

When we are talking about stuffing bytes, that was perfect by Bernhard, we
use for packet alignment, to be more specific, real time operating system
like PSOS, requires it be WORD aligned ( Multiples of Four) before
encryption algorithm to be applied for scrambling.

-William.