From: Gorry Fairhurst [mailto:gorry@erg.abdn.ac.uk]
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2005 8:54 AM
To: ipdvb@erg.abdn.ac.uk
Cc: Goldberg, Adam; Allison, Art; Matthew Goldman
Subject: Re: Forward from Art Alison: WGLC ULE - Data Broadcast Descripto
rs

<snip>

3) Once teh ULE spec is agreed and an RFC number issued, I can also see
great
advantage in assigning a descriptor for this in ATSC. I think the WG
SHOULD
should explore this at the next stage.

You need not wait for this - a mere letter to ATSC asking for allocation of
a stream_type codepoint for ULE data will be sufficient for ATSC to respond
favorably.

Excellent

That is good. I'll make sure this is done (and liase with DVB, etc to ensure we get things correct).

However, I'd be happier if we get the IETF approval (i.e. IESG approval) for the ULE Spec first, this should be only a few months away - this will be soon followed by an RFC number that can be a normative reference.

Gorry

<snip>

Gorry