Re: Adaptation field use in ULE / MPG2-TS specification

I believe we are talking about two different levels of signalling here. I am concerned about using ULE over systems which use the MPG2-TS adaptation field for system internal purposes. The way the ULE draft is formulated this will be impossible.

The use of ULE extension headers can not replace this signalling since it would require updates to already existing standards. In addition the headers are really on a completely different level since they are bound to an ULE packet. The adaptation field is part of the MPG layer. Signalling at this level should be independent of whether he MPG payload is ULE, MPE, SI, nothing (!)  or something else.

I hope this has helped to clarify the concerns we have.

Regards
Tor