RE: Security Considerations section for

Hi

Thanks for the responses, I think I'm reading from the same page.

On one issue...

> > >BTW, it may also help to describe any security problems
> MPE deployments currently leave open. (Currently I am
> ignorant of any in MPE-layer scope).
> > >

> > - Any inputs from the list?
>
> Here is some limited input on the security problems with MPE
> deployments:
>
> DVB-CA is mainly implemented in the MPEG-TS layer.  The MPE
> security procedures are defined in the current DVB-RCS
> standard (ETSI EN 301 790). The MPE security major problem is
> that security features are optional. Therefore (I think) many
> people do not implement them.  Another problem is that there
> is not efficient
> support for secure multicast (secure group communication).

..that problem is in the scope of two-way communications with RCS - right?

What kind of TS, MPE, IP (or other) kinds of solutions would be appropriate? (e.g. are there any issues on the efficient support for secure multicast which would not be MSEC/IP-layer level issues?)

Cheers, Rod.