RE: Security Considerations section for

I think it is a wonderful idea to properly consider IPDVB security requirements. I would just like a sanity check that I still understand the field of what the group would consider. Are these statements about right?

* IP-layer/level security (IPsec, MSEC, etc) provides a handful of solutions. Use of these and further specification of IP-layer security is beyond the IPDVB solution scope.
* security above IP-layer (DRM, SRTP, etc) are well beyond IPDVB solution scope.
* security on MPEG-2 TS (CA, etc) is beyond IPDVB (and IETF) solution scope.
* If necessary, ULE security mechanisms would be IPDVB solution scope.

Am I roughly on target with these?

If so, then the use of the IPDVB Security Requirements is clear to me: 1. assess whether any IPDVB security requirements should be met by the ULE-layer and the IPDVB deliverables that would be needed for this; 2. for other IPDVB security requirements determine whether additional work in other WGs is necessary.

BTW, it may also help to describe any security problems MPE deployments currently leave open. (Currently I am ignorant of any in MPE-layer scope).

Cheers, Rod.