Re: ULE Extension Headers

Let's see if I can help steer this discussion.

* I note there is some enthusiasm to consider the idea of a ULE extension
header. That is useful to know, but I don't see a consensus YET.

* As I said earlier, I am against holding-up the publishing of the first rev
of the ULE WG draft.  I believe we should publish the draft as soon as
possible (next week), to make sure the rest of the text is acceptable to the
WG. We CAN issue a new revision of the ID soon after with this new
functionality (if we are ready) - there's no minimum time between
revisions!!!

Here is my suggestion to progress the extension header topic:

* We need first to at least find a list of examples of likely/potential
use...  Let us do this in the context of setting some (potential/actual)
requirements/architecture - this also is a WG charter item!  Any volunteers
of 1-3 paragraphs of ID text describing for each of the ideas for use:
Security; FEC; QoS; priority; Multiple-SNDU-Payload; anything else?

* I'm not yet clear of the relative costs of (a,b,c) in terms of
implementation, registry management, transmission efficiency - one thing
that would be very useful would be to write a short ID with a proposed
solution, to have something concrete to compare the design options with.

Any volunteers for either of the above?

Gorry

P.S. I didn't mean to ask for a vote (a,b,c) - I was trying to summarise the
options I had seen... Sorry if that caused some confusion.