Adaptation field

Hi,

I've just started looking ip-over-dvb and have a question about part of draft-clausen-ipdvb-enc-00.txt which I hope someone can answer.

On page 10 there is a table showing the meaning of the PUSI and AFC bits in the TS packet header, followed by 2 paragraphs of explanation.  The second paragraph says:
"
        The TS Packet that carries the last byte of a SNDU MUST always have
        an adaptation field. In case this was the last SNDU (0/11 PUSI/AFC)
        the TS Packet is filled with stuffing bytes. In case another SNDU
        starts in this TS Packet, another 4-byte adaptation field is
        inserted before the next SNDU. "

I think this means that the adaptation field is used as stuffing bytes when there are no more SNDUs, so there will be 184 - x bytes of stuffing where x is the length of the last part of the SNDU.  Is this correct?

If there is another SNDU does 'another 4-byte adaptation field' mean the one that is always carried or another one on top of that?  In other words, do you get
  ________________ ____________ ______________
  ... end of SNDU | adap field | next SNDU ...
  ________________ ____________ ______________

or
  ________________ ____________ ____________ _____________
  ... end of SNDU | adap field | adap field | next SNDU...
  ________________ ____________ ____________ _____________

?

Thanks,

Abbie

Abbie Surtees
Engineer
Internet Applications and Mobility
Roke Manor Research Ltd
Tel:   +44 (0) 1794 833131

Permission is hereby granted to pass the contents of this communication to third parties and any restrictions regarding confidentiality do not apply.
Registered Office: Roke Manor Research Ltd, Siemens House, Oldbury, Bracknell,
Berkshire. RG12 8FZ

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential to Roke
Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without permission. This
communication is for information only and shall not create or change any contractual
relationship.