throughput improvements

Are there any ISP reps in this list ? We would be interested in getting some
information about IP packet length distribution in a standard Sat-ISP
environment. We are currently investigating, where we can save some overhead
bytes in the stream and encountered that it really makes sense only, if
there are a lot of small packets (in terms of IP payload) in the
distribution. (What for instance is the percentage of TCP acks in the
Sat-link ?, large packets ?, medium size ?)

Thanks,

Karsten