Re: "Frame" DVB

on 9/9/02 5:23 pm, Alessandro De Donno at alessandro.dedonno@unile.it wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to know what we intend for "frame DVB" (i.e. the "level 2", if
> this definition has a sense):
>
> o   the 204-bytes TS packet after Reed-Solomon, or
> o   the 204-bytes TS packet + inner coding (> 204 bytes), or
> o   ???

Frame should be defined as 184B of data payload.

That way you can add 4B of TS packet header and then coding overhead.

> In general, how do you compare DVB-S stack protocols with ISO/OSI model?
> According with ETSI EN 300 421, an idea may be:
>
> o   level 1: modulation and baseband shaping;

Also preamble to the burst, gurad time, etc. when using DVB-RCS.]

> o   level 2 ("sublevel 1"): from inner coding to energy dispersal;

No. This is a level 1 function - appropriate to a single medium.

> o   level 2 ("sublevel 2"): MPEG-2 TS (and MPE?);

Yes, or any other encapsulation, e.g., DSM-CC carousel, data piping, etc.