Re: Réf. : reverse problem: carrying DVB over IP?

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002 Michael.Haddad@space.alcatel.fr wrote:

> Maybe you should take a look at the activity of the DVB IPI group.
> I've attached to this mail the list of documents they've already produced.
> You should find valuable inputs from Tandberg (Transport of DVB Services over
> IP-based Networks Part 1: MPEG-2 Transport Streams).
> All docs are on the FTP server of DVB (ftp.dvb.org).
> (See attached file: IPI0000-000.xls)

MPEG transport stream handling via RTP is done in RFC2250 (Don Hoffman
et al.) and there's RFC2343 and RFC3016. I don't know the correct term
for aggregate DVB services (the layer 2 to the TS L3?), and should
probably not have mentioned MPEG transport streams!

thanks all,

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@surrey.ac.uk>