Switching in the old encapsulation .. RE: Switching in new encapsulation.

Moro,

Have you ever considered to use those "labels" or
"link addresses" with MPE ?

If they are implemented in TS adaptation field,
I think that you could use MPE as well. Thats why
I am little bit worrying that we are somewhat
mixmuxin things here.

PS. Our research people once made a feasibility
    study about HW based MPE filtering on receiver.
    As they are HW people, they of course made their
    thing in a weird way (;) and I think that they
    also accidentally proved that you can in fact do
    (whatever layer) switching for TS that carries
    MPE encapsulated frames based on any field
    (in "TS packet level", without re-assembling and
     that stuff, at least if you are not using
      section packing).

    In order to get some free time to do something
    else than read these emails, I leave it to you
    as a home execsise to find the solution. Just
    forget everything that you have ever learned and
     think like HW person ;)

//Harri