Re: Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-clausen-ipdvb-enc-00.txt

Gorry wrote:

>> > 0x???? : Bridged Ethernet Frame
>>
>> I would recommend 0x6558 (Transparent Ethernet Bridging)
>>

> What do you think the FCS should contain?

If you are talking about the ethernet FCS, this is an interesting
question, and I think we have to make things clear about that.
So the question is: does packets with EtherType 0x6558 (Transparent
Ethernet Bridging) have a 4 bytes FCS?
I have been chasing this answer for several years, and it looks like
nobody has the answer.
So my answer, so far, is no FCS for the encapsulated ethernet packet.
However we should use the LAN FCS defined in the draft.

> Should the SNDU include an Ethernet padding (I assume this doesn't matter)?

I am not sure to understand what you mean. So I guess we do not need
padding.

Patrick.
--
UDcast: Full IP over Broadcast Media