Re: Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-clausen-ipdvb-enc-00.txt

Looks like some good input to the next rev. Can I clarify
a couple of things?

Patrick Cipiere wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My first comments:
>
> > 0x???? : Bridged Ethernet Frame
>
> I would recommend 0x6558 (Transparent Ethernet Bridging)

What do you think the FCS should contain?
Should the SNDU include an Ethernet padding (I assume this doesn't matter)?

> What about 0x0806 : ARP

OK, but you don't need Ethernet-ARP if there is no MAC address, so am I
right in thinking this only applies for bridging. If so, does that mean
we should carry arp's natively or in "bridged SNDUs" - the latter would
seem to be more simple.

> More generally speaking, why not allow any defined IEEE Ether Type?

I am not sure we need to do this in the "native" encapsulation, may be
others think so?

We MUST I think allow this as the "type" field of a bridged SNDU - i.e.
one which carries MAC destination & source address in the header.