Re: Self routing

Kearney wrote:

> I like this 177 bytes number - this fits very well into todays 16/32 aligned
> architectures and makes for efficient moves.

It's not the most important problem (16/32 alligned), if we stand that
it's important to use this encapsulation, we will use 176 bytes.
Which is important now, is to propose different possibilities of
encapsulation, which solves and give us possibility to :
-> identify the connection
-> to switch the mpeg2-Ts packet.
-> to have less overhead.
-> and which is adapted to the multicast flows.

> one more point: you said that you only use 4 bits of the 13 bits of the PID
> since your hardware can scan only a maximum of 20 PIDs - who or what is
> scanning your 24 bits of the link_sat field? I suppose this is a separate
> box - i.e. one protocol layer up.

As i know, the receiver could just filter 20 PID by Hardware, but he can
filter more by software. the PID will be filtred by the hardware
implementation, and the @link_sat, by software.

--
Ghassane ANIBA
INRIA (Projet PLANETE)             | Email :