Label_link

harri.hakulinen@nokia.com wrote:

> Moro, It seems that we are approaching the point...
>
> If you put "Label" to TS level, you are really playing
> the "ATM card", because you now have PID/Label pair in
> comparison to VPI/VCI pair.

It's not really the same. In the ATM we put many ATN cells in one
MPEG2-TS packet, but here, we put only one label for each fragment of
SNDU.

> In other words, that label can't really relate to individual
> SNDU's, because they really are "inside the pipe".

No, they are really outside :

|----------------------------------------------------|
|		      SNDU                           |

we will fragment the SNDU in many 181 octets:

|------------------|-------------|------------------|
|  MPEG2-TP Header | link_label  |  SNDU fragment   |

> If you want to switch SNDU's, you need to do it based on
> a field that is inside SNDU...

I'll use PID in the first level, and after we will use
link_label.(because we can just filter 20 pid simultanously)

> //Harri

Aniba.

--
Ghassane ANIBA
INRIA (Projet PLANETE)             | Email :