Re: How can we use PID in switching?

Frank Zeppenfeldt@ESA
03/18/2002 04:51 PM

Dear Ghassane,

In the report on regenerative satellite systems (starting page 24) there is
good description of possible switching and routing architectures and their
implications. See the report on
http://telecom.estec.esa.nl/artes/artes1/fileincludes/documentation/ahg-rsat.cfm

 .

Regards, Frank

|--------+-------------------------------->
|        |          Ghassane Aniba        |
|        |          <Ghassane.Aniba@sophia|
|        |          .inria.fr>            |
|        |                                |
|        |          2002/03/18 16:35      |
|        |          Please respond to     |
|        |          ip-dvb                |
|        |                                |
|--------+-------------------------------->
  >-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |       To:     ip-dvb@erg.abdn.ac.uk                                     |
  |       cc:     (bcc: Frank Zeppenfeldt/estec/ESA)                        |
  |       Subject:     How can we use PID in switching?                     |

Hi everybody,
thanks for your answer.
But, in general, we use PID to separete between sound and video streams,
so how can we use it to switch the IP Packets?
If we have many IP adress(more than 2pow(24)), how can we map between
PID and @IP?

--
Ghassane ANIBA
INRIA (Projet PLANETE)             | Email :