Discussion about IP over DVB (Digital Video Broadcast) subnets

A shorter version of this will also be reposted to:
IETF UDLR WG, PILC WG, TCPSAT MAILING LIST.

I am sorry for multiple copies.

Several people attending the IETF WILL plan to meet together
to discuss the potential formation of a group to look at the
transmission of IP over DVB (and other MPEG-2 based networks).
This meeting will call for ideas and to prepare for future work
in this area, possibly within the IETF.

This meeting will be open, and you are warmly invited to attend.
Please see the Meeting Board at the IETF for Venue, Time.

AGENDA
------
The Agenda for the proposed discussion is:

1. Proposed Charter (A. Valentine)
Review the proposed charter for work  in this area.

2. Background- Present/discuss background to the need for work in this area.
	IP over DVB-[ST] (Patrick  Cipiere)
	The CoSTAR Interoperability Testbed (Arun Welch)
	IP/DVB (Regis J Crinon)
	Other presentations to be confirmed.

3. Requirements Internet Draft
Outline of the proposed framework (Gorry Fairhurst)

4. Status of other proposed documents. (Gorry Fairhurst)
Documents have been identified with the following 3 topics by the
current proposed charter:
	Encapsulation of IP datagrams
	Unicast Address Resolution
	Dynamic Multicast Address Resolution

5. Discussion of future plans
	Future plans
	Other meetings:
	Combined DVB-group meeting at the end of January (A Valentine)

INTERNET DRAFTS
---------------
There are NO IDs issued on this subject
Some background info is available at:
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/ip-dvb/
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/gorry/ip-dvb/ids/draft-fair-ipdvb-req-00d.txt

TIME & PLACE
------------

We hope to arrange the above meeting for Wednesday, time and place
to be announced. This is NOT an official IETF BoF, and there is
currently no IETF WG on this subject.  The meeting above is an
open co-ordination meeting to which all are invited.

I have not yet received a room allocation for the IETF Meeting.
The agenda for the next IETF meeting was posted at:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/agenda_52.html

I will post details as soon as I know the outcome, alas this may
now be rather late for some people. I am sorry.

I will also make sure details are posted to the message board
at the IETF meeting.