Update for WG on status of draft-combes-ipdvb-mib-rcs-05.txt

Dear ipdvb WG,

This email contains a short update on the progress of the DVB-RCS MIB (submitted as an individual informational document). The document has already started MIB Doctor review, but was returned to the authors to apply corrections. In the mean-time, we have seen also a change of I-D boilerplate and a change of responsible AD (now Jari Arkko).

The authors have recently submitted an updated revision of the draft (-05 in the I-D archive), and therefore I shall request the MIB Review to resume.

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst

May we have a new version that addresses this naming convention issue so that we can continue?

It looks like the document has been sitting for a few months due to this hangup, apologies for not forwarding this issue on to you immediately (store and forward through an overloaded AD is not the best manner of getting a message from one person to another, but that's another issue - it was my ultimate responsibility and for that I apologize).

- Mark

Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:
*/Mark,/*
*//* */Can we have this issue fixed? /*
*//* */The recommended naming conventions for MIB objects and modules are described in Appendix C of RFC 4181. In general, RFC 4181 should be mandatory reading for everybody writing and reviewing MIB documents. /*