WG/Authors Opinions please :draft-cruickshank-ipdvb-sec-req-03.txt

The authors have posted a new revision of their requirements I-D with arequest to make this a WG I-D, as discussed at the IETF meeting in Montreal.

I have a few questions that I would like to see clarified by the WG via this list and/or the authors before this can proceed. These are:

1) Could the people on the mailing list clarify which SPD selectors we think should be used (NPA/MAC address, SID, etc), detailing the various options and needs, including what happens when we use the bridging header, and whether policy also can be determined based on the Type field in combination with a NPA/MAC address.

2) Can we determine precisely what we man by a "Stream". Does a Stream always only have ONE originating source? That is, does the PID imply a specific intended source?

I'd really like to see a section on what constitutes a stream - for this the list needs to agree if a stream has only one source (or may have multiple sources), etc. This section should also elaborate how data can be inserted in a stream during an attack and say (if you can) how significant this threat is.

3) Is there anything else that may be missing from this document?

Gorry Fairhurst