Re: Network Access Control

Hi Marie-Jose

I have worked with SIP before, and it can provide some very interesting features
that may be used here. I am not sure of your approach here though...are you
looking into using SIP from user terminal to DVB gateway/Hub (acting as a SIP
server or maybe a SIP proxy) for setting up MPEG2 sessions? In this case SIP 200
OK message after authorisation should initiate the rekeying mechanisms. What
about setting up multicast sessions - IGMP with SIP?

Access control could be used along with this when SIP Invites are sent. We would
still need a backend DIAMETER server and interaction between the SIP and
DIAMETER servers. There is I-D for diameter application for SIP
(draft-ietf-aaa-diameter-sip-app-10) that may be useful.

Are you working on an ID for this SIP approach? I would like to contribute
something on the access control issues.

Regards
Prashant

--