Re: Fwd to ipdvb: [Réf. : The real benefits of ULE compared to MPE] From Laurence Duquerroy

On Tue, 22 Nov 2005, Gorry Fairhurst wrote:

> Rod.Walsh@nokia.com wrote:
> > IP version appears in the IP header (sorry for stating the obvious :)
> >
> Yes - and although that is good to verify this in the inet driver,

Essential, actually. This is essential practice when writing code on
multiprotocol routers to prevent misinterpreting other frames and
generating forwarded junk. For those who only believe RFCs, original
behaviour is described in RFC1122 section 3.2.1.1. This was updated by
RFC2460, which added IPv6 to the standards.

('driver' is such an endhost term.)

L.

<http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/L.Wood/><L.Wood@eim.surrey.ac.uk>