RE: Thoughts on draft-cruickshank-ipdvb-sec-req-00.txt

Hi IPDVB members,

Few weeks ago, Gorry raise some interesting issues in his email
regarding the draft above.

I certainly agree with points 1 and 2 are good and should be included in
the draft (in Gorry email below).

Regarding points 3 (threats and relationship with IPDVB architecture
scenarios, packet authentications etc..) and 4 (signalling security) are
interesting and I really hope that people with practical and operational
experience should try to comment on these issues.  So that the IP-DVB
security requirement draft can capture these issues correctly.

Many thanks

--

Dr. Haitham S. Cruickshank

Lecturer

Communications Centre for Communication Systems Research (CCSR)

School of Electronics, Computing and Mathematics

University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK

Tel: +44 1483 686007 (indirect 689844)

Fax: +44 1483 686011

e-mail: H.Cruickshank@surrey.ac.uk

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/H.Cruickshank/