Re: Non-IP Protocol Support

Does this use the IP Ethertype field?

Gorry

Lloyd Wood wrote:
Do we class IP with an MPLS shim as IP, or non-IP, traffic?

L.

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, H.Cruickshank wrote:

Hi John,

Security support to carry non-IP traffic is useful, but there is no
compelling reason to make this a priority.  So the first step for the
security work progress is to focus on the security requirements to carry
IP traffic.

Haitham

--

Dr. Haitham S. Cruickshank

Lecturer

Communications Centre for Communication Systems Research (CCSR)

School of Electronics, Computing and Mathematics

University of Surrey, Guildford, Surrey GU2 7XH, UK

Tel: +44 1483 686007 (indirect 689844)

Fax: +44 1483 686011

e-mail: H.Cruickshank@surrey.ac.uk

http://www.ee.surrey.ac.uk/Personal/H.Cruickshank/