Re: Non-IP Protocol Support

The IETF have defined several foo-over-IP methods which could be used, and
these should work with ULE (bidirectional IP connectivity may be required).
PWE3 is by no means the only option.

However, there are situations were this tunnel over IP approach really does
not do what may be wanted. ARP for IPv4 is a classic example. If you wanted
to use arp to resolve an IP to MAC address, then clearly you can't
encapsulate this over IP to send it.

Gorry