RE: Proposed Changes to ULE text - Format descriptors for SI sign alling

Are there transport streams (in IETF-land) WITHOUT PMT?  If so, I'd like to
know.  And if not,

RTR: " A format_identifier value has been registered for ULE [ULE1]. This 32
bit number has a hexadecimal value of 0x554C4531.  Transport Streams that
use the ULE format defined in this document SHALL insert a descriptor with
this value in the Program Map Table (PMT) ES_info descriptor loop."

Adam Goldberg
Director, Television Standards & Policy Development
Sharp Laboratories of America
8605 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 206
Vienna, VA  22182
703-556-4406