Re: Mapping of OSI-3 datagrams in the application data table of the MPE-FEC frame

Have a look in the section (9) describing real time parameters (address, boundaries and real time values), which are the same for MPE and FEC sections. Four MAC address bytes (1-4) are replaced by these parameters.

Karsten

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 10:44 AM
Subject: Mapping of OSI-3 datagrams in the application data table of the MPE-FEC frame

Hi,

In the ETSI 301 192 final draft (point 9.3) it is written that IP datagrams that form the application data table of the MPE-FEC frame are carried in MPE sections. It says that the address of each datagram within the table is signalled in the header of the section that carries it. It also states that there is a table_boundary flag that indicates the end of layer 3 datagrams within the application data table.

The same document (point 7) describes the syntax and semantics of the MPE section but of course there is no bits assigned to carry the address of the datagram in the application data table and no table_boundary flag. I am a student doing a bachelor thesis on the matter, modelling an MPE encapsulator with Matlab, and maybe I am a little bit lost in this matter, but I guess this information is introduced in any of the optional fields (i.e. stuffing byte) though I do not really know if it is done like that or if there is any ?standard? way of doing it.

Any help you can provide will be very useful.

Thank you in advance,

Eduardo Alonso de la Fuente

edu_gallofo@hotmail.com

+358417759640