RE: Forward from Art Alison: WGLC ULE - Data Broadcast Descripto rs

Below

Adam Goldberg
Director, Television Standards & Policy Development
Sharp Laboratories of America
8605 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 206
Vienna, VA  22182
+1-703-556-4406
+1-703-556-4410 fax
+1-571-276-0305 cell

This becomes a bit self-referential.  The proper definition of the data
stream is to say something like "a stream of stream_type 0xNN", but you
propose not doing this until later.

> (2) PSI/SI scanning is part of  the Address Resolution Draft as regard
> management of addressing; it will be further discussed there and focus
> given
> to the issues raised in this thread

Can someone provide a pointer to the "Address Resolution Draft"?

> (3) Someone (Adam and/or team) proposes WG work and a draft on ATSC
> concerns
> on PSI/SI issues and ULE; inclusion of cable TV concerns in addition to
> satellite would be welcome and has been one of my goals for the group
> (4) we close on ULE and get to discuss the other items further at IETF

Don't misunderstand my concerns (or Art's, I suppose) - they are not "ATSC
concerns" so much as concerns from one overly familiar with MPEG-2 Transport
Streams and their widespread use.