RE: security considerations wrt/ draft-ietf-ipdvb-arch-01.txt

Thanks for the clarification - sorry abour being too lazy to read the charter (or too busy to think of it :)

BTW, although George is making good points (which I mostly agree with) these can not be solved in the framework without some length of work and strong DVB liaison even at this stage (as the related DVB work is in progress) so it could be best to move towards modifing the I-D to accomodate furture security work. (George ocrrect me if I'm wrong but I have the impression that "a subsequent plug-in IPDVB security framework" would be more along the lines of your thoughts, given that a framework would be describing the current solutions and the need to fill gaps and improve interoperability).

(So far this has not been part of the WG charter so the framework security considerations do already seem to be a good effort in my eyes. On one hand I'd like to encourage the WG to look into these security aspects more. On the other, it may be better to keep focused and wait for the DVB IP security solution dust to settle.)

Cheers, Rod.