Use of XML for MPEG Network config

I am putting together a short draft for the next IETF on the use of XML for MPEG network configuration. This is part of the extension work of a larger IP Over DVB ESA sponsored study as well as my other R&D activities.

The poster child right now is address resolution as this is part of the WG charter, but I can see this approach as being useful for a larger set of application. Our initial view is to have 3 types of services:
- a static version based on local configuration that can be accessed via the web
- a subscriber service
- on demand service
We expect to be able to use the same semantics and have investigated transport methods based on SIP, SOAP/UDP and SOAP/SIP. I know we are not probably the only people on the list thinking about this as the above IP mechanisms for network control are fairly popular right now.

I welcome comments or real life implementations of this.

Thanks

Marie-Jose