Re: Question about Internet Draft of Encapsulation for Ip over Mpeg2/DVB

Thanks for the question,

0x0100 is correct, and should  indeed be 256 decimal.

Please note that this draft was an individual submission based on many mail threads and discussions - the intention was to write one case that could be used a strawman for discussion. Feedback and questions are most welcome.

The draft was discussed at the IETF-60 meeting, and the conclusion seemed to be that the ipdvb WG should look at further simplification (if possible) and then propose adding a revised text to the ULE spec itself. Some of this is captured in the meeting slides:

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/ip-dvb/meetings/IETF-60-SanDiego/

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst

Simon Teh wrote:

Dear all members,

Currently I’m reading an internet draft Ultra Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) Extension Header. From this document, I’m quite confusing of this line:

Internet Engineering Task Force Bernhard Collini-Nocker

Internet Draft Hilmar Linder

Document: draft-collini-ipdvb-xule-00.txt University of Salzburg

Gorry Fairhurst

University of Aberdeen

Category: Internet Draft May 2004

Ultra Lightweight Encapsulation (ULE) Extension Header -

-

-

-

-

-

-

 2.2 Optional Extension Headers

A next-layer-header value greater than or equal to 512 decimal

(0x0100, hexadecimal) and less than 1536 decimal (0x600,

hexadecimal), indicates an Optional Extension Header. When a

Receiver encounters a next-layer-header indicating an Optional

                       Extension Headers, it MAY be configured to either:

Is there any mistake or….? I hope somebody could help me. Thanks for reading my mail!

Best Regards,

Simon Teh

Universiti Sains Malaysia