Cut-off dates for the upcoming 60th IETF meeting

Here are the cut-off dates for the upcoming 60th IETF meeting:

  Mon Jul 12, 0900 EDT: cutoff for initial (-00) I-D submissions
  Mon Jul 19, 0900 EDT: final cutoff for I-D submission

In addition, please note that the I-D boilerplate was updated
recently.  In this context, the following recent announcement from the
IESG is helpful:

The IESG has emitted new versions of the following guideline documents:

"Guidelines to authors of Internet-Drafts"
http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt

which has been updated to reflect the new IPR policy RFCs (3667 and 3668): Note that in this process, we discovered a bug in one of the RFCs; the document contains a temporary fix, but the details of a permanent fix are still being worked out on the IPR WG list.

"Checklist for Internet-Drafts submitted for RFC publication"
http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html

This has had a more thorough review/revision, and should be re-read by all participants. Note in particular the new language about IANA considerations.

If you use the xml2rfc toolset from http://xml.resource.org/ , you
basically have to upgrade to the most recent version of the tool, and
use the right declarations to select the most suitable variant of
boilerplate.

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb WG Chair)