RE: Adaptation field use in ULE / MPG2-TS specification

Let me add my understanding with MPEG2-TS decode.

transport_packet(){
        sync_byte
8 bslbf
        transport_error_indicator
1 bslbf
        payload_unit_start_indicator
1 bslbf
        transport_priority
1 bslbf
        PID
13 uimsbf
        transport_scrambling_control
2 bslbf
        adaptation_field_control
2 bslbf
        continuity_counter
4 uimsbf
        if(adaptation_field_control=='10' ||
adaptation_field_control=='11'){
              adaptation_field()
        }
        if(adaptation_field_control=='01' || adaptation_field_control=='11')
{
             for (i=0;i<N;i++){
                 data_byte
8 bslbf
            }
       }
}

here PUSI, says the start of new payload or continuation of the pervious
payload for this MPEG packet.
i.e. if PUSI = 0 , continuation/end of the previous payload and PUSI = 1
start of new payload.

NOTE the packet is identified based on the PID.

Continuity counter plays a decent role, if the MPE packet doesn't fit in one
MPEG header.

Regarding Adaptation field, i have already explained in detail.

Tor's concern (if i am not wrong) is "transport private data" in adaptation
field which he wants to use to carry some private information within his
network, which is purely internal and propieratory, which he uses for his
network management. and also he is concerned that, his transport private
data is going to be less than 50 bytes say for example and doesn't want to
waste rest of the payload capacity, hence he wants to club with the traffic
payload, so he updates the adaptation field control as "11". i.e it contains
adaptation field as well as SNDU payload. BUT ULE draft doesn't support this
AFC and discards the packet.

Tor correct me if my understand is wrong.

Best Regards,
William.