Re: ULE Extension Headers

On 11/3/04 6:02 pm, "Allison, Art" <AAllison@nab.org> wrote:

> With respect, I have seen no one register any other preference than (b) on
> list.
> I have been doing standards work for over 20 years and one always
> wants to get all folks to express their position, but if they will not then
> those who do represent the consensus and you move on.

I don't believe we have reached this stage of HAVING to decide, I want to
get this correct.

I **DO** still welcome inputs from any others on the list.

> I don't see lack of a consensus in this matter, by any standard for
> consensus.  Perhaps there is off-list correspondence, but with respect that
> is not appropriate to consider here.
>
> Gorry, if you do not support (b), and are feel your posting is inhibited
> because you are the Chair, perhaps just post with your "Chair hat off" for
> the record.

OK, my thoughts are: I can see pros and cons in (b) and (c ) - at the moment
looking at our implementation approach it looks like c will probably be
easier to implement and offers easy parsing of multiple extensions....