Interoperability test document based on ULE available

Dear WG members,

IABG and 6WIND are happy to provide interoperability test results from a joint test event with GCS / University of Salzburg.

The aim of the test was to proof interoperability between the ULE implementation of 6WIND (6WINDGate 6221 acting as DVB-S sender / receiver) and the ULE implementation of GCS (Open DVB Gateway acting as DVB-S sender, Linux based PC with Pent@Value / Technotrend card acting as receiver) and to provide dumps of TS-cells to the ipdvb WG. The ULE implementation is based on draft-fair-ipdvb-ule-02.

The test were performed by generating IPv4 and IPv6 traffic with ping applications, utilizing different packet sizes to trigger ULE corner cases.

In summary we are happy to report that the interoperability tests have been executed successfully, i.e. the ULE implementations of 6WIND and GCS are interoperable using a 6WINDGate or ODG as DVB-S sender and a 6WINDGate or Linux PC with Pent@Value or Technotrend DVB-S card as receiver.

The test document (in PDF format) is accessible from from our ESA project webpage at http://telecom.esa.int/telecom/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=11271

(see "Documentation -> IPDVB Interoperability Test Results" at the bottom of the right navigation bar)

We would also be happy to provide a copy of the document for the IP over MPEG-2/DVB webpage hosted by Gorry.

With best regards,

        Gerhard Gessler (IABG)
        Wolfgang Fritsche (IABG)
        Alain Ritoux (6WIND)