RE: ULE encryption Support.

It is always a tough call to decide where the tradeoff point is between
general capability and efficiency... when one sees that there might be such
extensions in the future one certainly should allow for the expansion to
avoid the problem of versioning the recommendation.

For a more flexible method we could use the DSM-CC data carousel.. but that
is too flexible and has too much overhead...

In this case adding extension headers seems to be overkill because it seems
very remote that they will ever be used. The functional capability of this
layer <should> be stable.

So, 1 bits can be escape.. and then define more in that...but a different
structure would follow.
But if you want more, two bits would provide ability to add 2 new unforeseen
extensions and then an escape to a different structure.  Three bits provides
6 new explicitly defined versions, then the escape.

Even conservatively, how many bits do we need for this just in case? Is 2
enough? 3?

Art
::{)>
Art Allison