Re: ULE encryption Support.

Allison, Art wrote:

Thanks for the post about layering, Gorry.. it does seem that we don't stick
to the 'right' place in the stack in all out posts. As far as the place in the layers for duplication of transport packets, that
seems to me to be at the MPEG-2 transport layer, not above it.   I read
Gorry pointing to the first phrase of #2 when he says this group is focused
on #2 as the rest is explanation of the underlying protocol.

I defintively agree.

All proposition that I made, where about the possibility of Extension
Headers, and its mechanisms.

The reference about encryption and/or FEC was for me JUST an example of
usage. It DOES NOT imply support for the FEC / encrpyt  / whatever
function at this level. I should have kept the 2 subjects more
separated. In fact :
 - for FEC, I have no expertise on that subject, and have no opinion.
 - for Encrypt, I believe it is not in the correct layer to do this.

Regards.
Alain.

--
Alain RITOUX