Re: RE: Réf. : RE: Question on Continuity Counter field

Dear all,
   I fully agree on Bernhard's comment, CC is the only means of validating any payload belonging to same TS packets for that PID. In case if any intermediate TS packets are lost, RX state moves to out of sync and flushes the buffer.
   But masking of CC is used on propriety PIDs and Real Time protocol PIDs,  where loss of TS packets are merely eliminated, mostly single ip packet is filled in one TS packet and  which is taken care by higher layer protocol.

Best Regards,
William.