IETF Working Group Status for ipdvb (Feb 2004)

Welcome everyone!

You may have noted the (triple!) posting from the IESG, announcing that this is now an official IETF mailing list in the Internet Area:
http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/ip-dvb/archive/msg00509.html

This announcement has several implications, including:

(i) You ARE ALREADY subscribed to this mailing list, and we are pleased to have you on-board. If you do wish to be a member of the IETF ipdvb WG, you must now UNSUBSCRIBE from the list by sending an email to major-domo@erg.abdn.ac.uk with the following in the body of the message: unsubscribe ip-dvb.

(ii) I am obliged to remind you that you MUST comply with the IETF note-well governing disclosure and IPR, as stated at:
http://www.ietf.org/overview.html

(iii This WG is now permitted to request a meeting slot at an IETF meeting, although of course the IETF primarily functions through its mailing lists, and (unlike many other organisations) meetings are NOT required to approve documents.

(iv) We have NOT requested a meeting for ipdvb at the Seoul IETF (later this month). There are several reasons for this: - I am also keen to avoid calling a meeting with the same Agenda as the last two BoF meetings (several authors were also unable to make it) - I believe we can make significant progress for the following IETF (August 1-6, San Diego) and I do recommend you put this date in your diary straight away!!
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/0mtg-sites.txt

(v) We need to revive the work on our charter items:
- In the first place this will mean consideration of the ULE Internet Draft for adoption as a working group item, for those unfamiliar, I will explain this process later in the week. - We also have a number of implementations of ULE, we shall be opening a new part of the web site to document the progress of these implementations. - We need to review/update/modify the requirements document to reflect the needs of this WG.

Best wishes,

Gorry Fairhurst
(ipdvb chair)

P.S. Some people may have noted that the IETF web page for the ipdvb WG displays a shortened form of the original proposed WG name (that simply expands the acronym). I am checking with the AD to see if the original name is still allowed, and will tell you progress.
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/wg-dir.html