From: owner-ip-dvb@erg.abdn.ac.uk [mailto:owner-ip-dvb@erg.abdn.ac.uk]On
Behalf Of Frank.Zeppenfeldt@esa.int
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 2:03 AM
To: ip-dvb@erg.abdn.ac.uk
Subject: Re: ULE implementations and interoperability testing

Dear Hidetaka,

We have an interoperability test planned in the first week of February 2004
between the two ESA sponsored implementations, see

http://telecom.esa.int/telecom/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=11271
http://telecom.esa.int/telecom/www/object/index.cfm?fobjectid=11265

After this basic interoperability event, a representative hex dump of a TS
with ULE 2.0 will be made available to the ip-over-dvb mailing list in such
way that also other ULE implementers can do their interoperability tests.

It is our aim to have this dump and a corresponding description available on
the ip-over-dvb list a week after testing (if we reach a reasonable state of
interoperability during the first week of February).

In addition, one implementation mentioned above  will support one of the
well-known DVB-S receiving cards for Linux, and the required drivers to
support ULE 2.0 will be made freely available. This would be another way of
interoperability testing with your ULE 2.0 sender.

More details after the first week of February.

Best regards,

Frank

                      Hidetaka
                      IZUMIYAMA                To:
ip-dvb@erg.abdn.ac.uk
                      <izu@wishnet.co.         cc:
                      jp>                      Subject: Re: ULE
implementations and interoperability testing
                      Sent by:
                      owner-ip-dvb@erg
                      .abdn.ac.uk

                      2004/01/15 03:15
                      Please respond
                      to ip-dvb

Dear Frank,

I'm Hidetaka Izumiyama and I run a company called Wishnet Inc in Japan.
I used to chair IETF's UDLR-WG.

We have started implementation of ULE and we are very much interested in
the interoperability testing.  I would appreciate it if you could
provide me with further information on the interoperability testing or
advise how details can be found.

Many thanks in advance for your assistance and I look forward to hearing
from you soon.

Best regards,

Hidetaka Izumiyama

President CEO