RE: FINAL CALL for Feedback on Charter

Sorry was away from email since last week.
I did make a typo  in the text but the hyperlink was correct to A/92, not
A/93.
With respect to contributions, you will find much of A/92 is actually
informative, and addresses the key issues of defining a 'network' , IP
multicast address collisions, MAC addresses and the other work items.  In an
ATSC Transport Stream, the collection of Program Elements referenced in a
single ATSC A/90 Application shall be considered as a distinct IP Network.
More specifically, when making routing policies and IP address scoping
policies, it is the collection of Taps in an ATSC A/90 Application that
shall be viewed as
the Network. Read more about it in A/92.

The scope and work plan does not reference A/92 directly however. It seems
to me that a solution to work item #3 has been developed for the ATSC
transport and defined for that transport. I suggest it be considered first
as a basis for a more general solution and only if it is found lacking
should the group invent a different solution.  The issue is complex and
subtle, and many man hours have been spent on it already.
I suggest adding:

"In accomplishing the work items the preference is use documented
Standard approaches as the basis of a more widely applicable international
solution. Serious consideration is to be given to the approaches
in ATSC A/92 that address part or all of each work item before
inventing new approaches."

After the list of work items.

Art
::{)