Re: FINAL CALL for Feedback on Charter

On 26/11/03 10:26 am, "Marcus Brunner" <brunner@ccrle.nec.de> wrote:

> Gorry,
>
> I don't see the work item on address allocation (not resolution) using for
> example IPv6 autoconf or DHCP(v6).

IPv6 address allocation was envisaged using standard procedures, rather than
specific new procedures. IPv6 autoconf or DHCP(v6) are two ways of doing
this, which we should consider as we do the work - but I haven't received
any requests for protocol changes/enhancements/tuning for this.

Did you have some specific ideas - or were you confirming the scope?

> Additionally, I see the word service or IP service too often, without
> specifying what you mean. This normally causes confusion in the IESG.

Ok, lets just delete the first "service" in (1).

> And I think the schedule is too aggressive since there will not be a
> working group before January.

I'll ask the AD for advice on the milestones.